Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Major Projects Proposals

Below are my Major Project Proposals for next year...

Major Project Proposal 1

Title – Magazine (name to be confirmed)

Description –
Collaboration project with Mark, James & Chris.

Proposal –
Create a self-promotional magazine and website that will be based on the theme ‘Dreams & Fears’. 24 pages at A5 size (blurb.com) with illustrations, text, contacts, website links. Create a website (clikpic.com) to run alongside the publication.

Context –
The self-promotion would run along two lines. The magazine would be used as a product for sale in independent book shops (Magma, Cornerhouse, etc…); it would be our job to create the publication and then sell the work to these establishments for retail purposes. The magazine would also be used as a joint promotional business card that we could leave with prospective clients on visits or mail out to businesses that we wish to work with as a group or individually.
The website would ensure that we could reach a larger and more varied audience and contain updates on work, exhibitions, etc…
Our audience would include businesses, artists, clients & art lovers.

You –
The project would enable me to concentrate on publications, merchandising, retail and networking; which are practices that I am interested in pursuing after my time at Stockport.

Major Project Proposal 2

Title – Book (The Switchboard)

Description –
Collection of short stories and illustrations for the adults based on social and political issues.

Proposal –
Write and illustrate 5 short stories, then produce a book (blurb.com).

Context –
The book would be used as a product for sale in independent book shops (Magma, Cornerhouse, etc…); it would be my job to create the publication and then sell the work to these establishments for retail purposes. The book would also be used as a promotional tool that we could leave with prospective clients on visits or mail out to businesses that I wish to work with.
My audience would include businesses, artists, clients & art lovers. The main audience would be collectors of one off publications.

You –
The project would enable me to concentrate on publications, merchandising, retail and networking; which are practices that I am interested in pursuing after my time at Stockport.
The subject has been my main focus of interest throughout my time at Stockport and for the previous few years, this is something I wish to continue.

Major Project Proposal 3


Title – Book (My War)

Description –
I have always been interested in war artists and the art produced in the World War 1 & 2, whether it be propaganda art or the government issued and produced art during the war years.
The book would be a retrospective on the life and art of a war artist who was prominent during World War 3.
Size A4, hardback novel,

Proposal –
Create World War 3 based on current political and social problems that are occurring now (Wikileaks, North Korea, World Poverty and the Finance Issues).
Write up the history of World War 3 as a retrospective and write about an artist who became famous for his work during the war.
The artist should go on a journey from serving in the war (soldier) to illustrating the war from home (London); this will give the illustrations depth and breadth as I can experiment with different styles of illustration depending on the artists circumstances and location; for example when the artist is serving in the army he could only use pen and ink, charcoal (easily moveable equipment) and when the artist is based at home then he could use much larger equipment and supplies.
Would also like to involve photography in the book to give the feeling of an actual life story of the artist. I would also like to work with people outside the college for assistance and extra input into the novel (writers, photographers, historians, etc…)

Context –
I would send the book whether in hard form or PDF to major book publishers and independent book publishers to gauge opinion and with the prospect of having it published. The book would also be used as a promotional tool that we could leave with prospective clients on visits or mail out to businesses that I wish to work with.
My audience would initially be the big book house but in the future if published then the audience would be varied.

You –
The project would enable me to concentrate on publications, merchandising, retail and networking; which are practices that I am interested in pursuing after my time at Stockport.
The subject has been my main focus of interest throughout my time at Stockport and for the previous few years, this is something I wish to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment